About Essex Ultrasound
The Essex Ultrasound and Medical Services clinic is committed to providing a high standard of service. EUMS is NHS approved providing both NHS and Private ultrasound services. Our specialties include non diagnostic obstetric scans which include gender reveal, reassurance & baby bonding ultrasound experiences.
Other scans include gynaecological scans, abdominal, kidneys and bladder,hernia’s and MSK ,testis,and thyroid ultrasound scans. The quality of our service is borne out of a strong belief in the benefits of ultrasound techniques, underpinned by our commitment to patient welfare.
EUMS currently provides a wide range of ultrasound examinations including 3D/4D pregnancy scans whilst maintaining the following high standards.
- The ultrasound equipment used for your scan includes the latest technology and is regularly maintained to ensure consistent results.
- We have clinical protocols and procedures which ensure all patients receive the best standard of ultrasound
- We have a Consultant Radiologists (Doctors) who are available to give a second opinion on scans of our sonographers if required. Both our Radiologists are Senior Consultants at large Teaching Hospitals in London.
- All scans are performed by fully qualified, State Registered Sonographers all of whom have many years of experience and a documented history of continuing professional development.
- All the sonographers at EssexUltrasound and Medical Services LTD are currently working within the NHS in various surrounding hospitals in Essex and large teaching hospitals in London.
All our sonographer are members of the:
- British Medical Ultrasound Society
- Society of Radiographers
- Health and Care Professions Council
The ultrasound equipment used for your scan includes the latest technology and is regularly maintained to ensure consistent results.
We have clinical protocols and procedures which ensure all patients receive the best standard of ultrasound
We comply with professional safety guidelines. We operate the As Low As Reasonably Achievable (ALARA) principle i.e. we use the minimum ultrasound scanning exposure time and system settings to fulfill the primary purpose of the scan
Appointment times are generally between 20 -30minutes per scan within which time there is the acknowledging of informed consent to the scan and the appropriate pre and post scan discussion
You must be at least 16 years old at the time of booking your scan and you should have no known existing medical condition or treatment pending related to the ultrasound scan you are booking. If you are in any questions about the scan that you may require you should consult your GP or Midwife.
At the time of your appointment we take your GP or other healthcare professional’s contact details. We always provide you with a written report of the ultrasound scan findings and advise that you take the copy back to your GP or midwife
We are CQC registered and are currently providing NHS Ultrasound Scanning Services to Mid Southeast Southwest Essex.